Staffing Industry Analysts- September 30, 2020
The US private sector added 749,000 jobs in September month over month, an increase compared to August and July, according to the ADP National Employment report released today. The US added 481,000 private-sector jobs in August and 216,000 in July.
“The labor market continues to recover gradually,” said Ahu Yildirmaz, VP and co-head of the ADP Research Institute. “In September, the majority of sectors and company sizes experienced gains with trade, transportation and utilities; and manufacturing leading the way. However, small businesses continued to demonstrate slower growth.”
Small businesses added 192,000 jobs month over month in September. In comparison, midsize businesses added 259,000 and large firms added 297,000.
Here are the jobs added in September by sector; the only decline was in education:
- Goods-producing, 196,000
- Natural resources/mining, 7,000
- Construction, 60,000
- Manufacturing, 130,000
- Service-providing, 552,000
- Trade/transportation/utilities, 186,000
- Information, 17,000
- Financial activities, 29,000
- Professional/business services, 78,000
- Professional/technical services, 26,000
- Management of companies/enterprises, 5,000
- Administrative/support services, 47,000
- Education/health services, 90,000
- Healthcare/social assistance, 101,000
- Education, -11,000
- Leisure/hospitality, 92,000
- Other services, 60,000
Access the article here.